To Cali on Pandora

A man (me), his dog (Gage), their URal (a sidecar motorcycle named Pandora), a bunch of time (6 weeks), a lot of miles (to Cali and back), and a lot of flirting (yes, Gage is a constant flirt).

Monday, September 12, 2005

Take'in It Easy

Started in: Mankato, MN
Ended in: Northern Iowa
Pandora’s Status: Purring like a kitten
Today was a relaxing day.
I was not able to give Levi and Logan rides to school today because it was raining. I did pick Logan up from his football practice. Tomorrow I will give Levi a ride on Pandora to Logan's first football game.

While doing some errands, in the two neighboring towns, I met a man who had worked 15 years for a company that made sidecar attachments for motorcycles. We talked about motorcycles for a good while. He told me to be safe and always talk to other bikers.

I had lunch with my sister and then slept the afternoon away with Gage in a park (see the pic below).

This evening a few of us sat outside by a fire, talking about adventures and ex'es and jobs and crickets. We topped off the evening with front row seats to a wonderful lightning storm that filled the night sky.

On a strange, unsurprising note; it looks like I will have to come back to the Cities one more time to pick up some paperwork. I did not realize I would have to sign a lien release for the woman that bought my car. The release should be ready for me to sign by Thursday or Friday. This trip is really getting off to a slooow start. I hope I can make it to Colorado before it snows...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home