To Cali on Pandora

A man (me), his dog (Gage), their URal (a sidecar motorcycle named Pandora), a bunch of time (6 weeks), a lot of miles (to Cali and back), and a lot of flirting (yes, Gage is a constant flirt).

Monday, October 10, 2005

Leaving Oatman

Started in: By Oatman, AZ
Ended in: Flagstaff, AZ
Pandora’s Status: Purring like a kitten.

Today I stopped at a restaurant for breakfast, and while I was there I talked to a number of the regulars. One of them had checked out my bike a bunch before coming in, and he talked with me about it. He mentioned that the rear tire was just about used up. When I went outside, if realized he was right. The tire was smooth...

I found a good spot in the shade, and proceeded to replace the rear tire with the spare. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. The only tricky part was getting the bike up on its kick stand. I found that if I faced the back of the bike downhill, it was actually very easy to get the bike on the kick stand. That tire had 8,294 km on it.

I began to feel at home as I got further into Arizona -- there were clouds and trees!

Tomorrow I might try to cover a bunch of ground...

Random Question: Does anyone out there have a time machine I can borrow for an evening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home