To Cali on Pandora

A man (me), his dog (Gage), their URal (a sidecar motorcycle named Pandora), a bunch of time (6 weeks), a lot of miles (to Cali and back), and a lot of flirting (yes, Gage is a constant flirt).

Friday, September 30, 2005

In Salt Lake - The Push

Started in: Lyman, WY
Ended in: ?
Pandora’s Status: Purring like a kitten.

Right now I am on the Southern edge of Salt Lake City, Utah. The weather is good, and Pandora is running great. She does get a little hot on some of these hills so I have to stop and let her cool off from time-to-time (like right now).

So far today, I have helped a stranded motorist remove a flat tire and put on their spare. I have also stopped to help 3 other people (that did not actually need help for various reasons).

Yesterday evening, I also stopped to help a man with an overheating car. He had put some sort of radiator stop leak in it and ended up clogging the whole system. I offered to give him a ride into the next sitting, but he was unsure of riding on Pandora's jump seat.

It feels good to be able to stop and help people -- I always felt like I did not have enough time before -- always rushing off to this thing or that thing.

Highway 80 has been very good, and it feels like I have been making very good time, all considered. Today I am making a push. I woke up at 7:00 and immediately packed up and started out. I am going to keep riding as long as I can and then stay in a hotel tonight. Maybe I will even get to do some partying!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home