To Cali on Pandora

A man (me), his dog (Gage), their URal (a sidecar motorcycle named Pandora), a bunch of time (6 weeks), a lot of miles (to Cali and back), and a lot of flirting (yes, Gage is a constant flirt).

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A Deer Creek

Started in: Midland, SD
Ended in: Spearfish, SD
Pandora’s Status: Purring like a kitten - mostly

I am staying in this wonderful city park in Spearfish. My tent is about 10 feet from a bubbling brook. The park is busy and beautiful.
This morning, I checked Pandora's valves before taking off. There was one that had gotten tight through the previous day's driving. I think this is what was causing her to misfire late in the evening yesterday. I adjusted the valve, and she ran great.

Today was another great day of weather on the road. The landscape felt open and pure. I was happy to be driving through South Dakota.

...Strange, Gage just came out of the tent, took his dog leash off the picnic table, and then he carried it into the tent with him... There is supposedly a storm coming through tonight...

As I got close to Spearfish, I started to fiddle with the set of wires coming out of the timing module. Sure enough the engine started to misfire. I was pretty sure there was a short there, and I did not want to mess with it until I was close to a dealer.

...I just saw three deer cross the stream about 40 yards from my tent...

I talked to the Ural dealer this afternoon in Spearfish. They are going to work on Pandora tomorrow and hopeful have her done in the afternoon. They will do some routine service, fix the shorting wire(s), and replace some of the fuel lines which are cracking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home