To Cali on Pandora

A man (me), his dog (Gage), their URal (a sidecar motorcycle named Pandora), a bunch of time (6 weeks), a lot of miles (to Cali and back), and a lot of flirting (yes, Gage is a constant flirt).

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Plastic Socks Can Be Good

Started in: South Western MN
Ended in: Mitchell, SD
Pandora’s Status: A little erratic

Rain, rain, rain...

I put on my socks, then a plastic garbage bag over each sock, then a wet boot over each bag. Once I was properly attired, and the rain had stopped, I set out from Brittney's. It was about 2:30 pm. Five minutes after I left, the rain started again :-)

I decided to ride as far as I could and then stop at a hotel. My tent and other camping gear was wet from the morning before, and all of my travel clothes were soggisorous.

The rain accompanied me until 6:30 pm. Shortly after the rain stopped, Pandora started to act up. I was happy she had waited until after the rain. Her right side was beginning to misfire. I looked at the spark plugs and the right side's was pretty fouled. I put in the new, extra set of plugs I had brought with me. As I replaced the right side's spark pug cap, the spark plug wire connected to the cap fell out... :-0

I immediately thought, "That can't be good."

Pandora ran better after I reconnected the wire to the cap. I'm not sure if the wire is broken now, or if the wire and cap are of the removable type.

Tomorrow I'm planning to do most of the required 5,000 km maintenance. I will have a dealer do the rest when I get to Spearfish, SD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home