To Cali on Pandora

A man (me), his dog (Gage), their URal (a sidecar motorcycle named Pandora), a bunch of time (6 weeks), a lot of miles (to Cali and back), and a lot of flirting (yes, Gage is a constant flirt).

Saturday, September 24, 2005

On My Way

Started in: Minneapolis, MN
Ended in: South Western MN
Pandora’s Status: Purring like a kitten

The letter came at 2:15 pm today! I immediately left Ashley's place and headed for the drop zone. I dressed in my rain gear (complete with plastic bags on my feet) because it had been raining all day, and looked like there was more to come.

I dropped off the lien release to its rightful owner and continued on to my daughter's house. The rain got so bad that I had to stop at a rest area for about an hour. I talked with the rest area's caretaker for a long time. I was surprised to learn that he is required to clean the toilets every 3 hours!

I battled rain all the way to Brittney's. As I arrived the rain intensified, and right now we are in a flash flood warning. I plan to leave early tomorrow morning for the next leg of my trip.

First tornado, then flash flood, what is next? ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home