To Cali on Pandora

A man (me), his dog (Gage), their URal (a sidecar motorcycle named Pandora), a bunch of time (6 weeks), a lot of miles (to Cali and back), and a lot of flirting (yes, Gage is a constant flirt).

Monday, September 26, 2005

KOA's Can Be AOK

Started in: Mitchell, SD
Ended in: Midland, SD
Pandora’s Status: Ran like a top

I am typing this by campfire :-)

I just finished some good pasta roma and am working on finishing a Corona (it still do some work).

I am at a KOA campground, and it is wonderful. It is far enough from the interstate so that I rarely hear the traffic. I can see the amber lights on the semi-trailers as they slowly work their way across the horizon. Its very pretty.

Today was warm, dry, and sunny.

This morning, I did laundry and spent a good deal of time working on Pandora. I tightened all her fasteners, changed her engine oil, transmission oil, and final drive oil. I put synthetic oil in her transmission for the first time, and boy what a difference! She sounds like a completely new motorcycle -- the transmission makes almost no sound now.

My old cues for when the transmission was slowed down enough to shift are gone -- I am going to have to learn some new cues.

Gage and I met some people at a gas station. They had passed us earlier on the interstate and they took a picture of us as they drove by. They took two more pictures of us (OK, the pics were mostly of Pandora) while we were at the gas station. They are going to email the pics to me!

Pandora ran great today, except just before we stopped for the evening. She started to misfire on her right side again. I wonder how she will run tomorrow... I will be at the dealer in Spearfish soon.

Gage wants to go to bed -- he keeps coming to me, licking my ear, and then walking back to the tent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home