To Cali on Pandora

A man (me), his dog (Gage), their URal (a sidecar motorcycle named Pandora), a bunch of time (6 weeks), a lot of miles (to Cali and back), and a lot of flirting (yes, Gage is a constant flirt).

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

On to Lusk

Started in: Spearfish, SD
Ended in: Lusk, WY
Pandora’s Status: Running the best ever

The rest of the day was glorious!

All of the necessary repairs were made to Pandora except for the ignition module dealio. The soonest the dealer could get a new ignition module would be a week, so I said see you on the flip side dady-o and I took of for Cali. Pandora runs great unless I wiggle the wires coming out of the module -- so guess what, I'm not going to wiggle them anymore...

The ride on Highway 14A from Spearfish to Wyoming was so beautiful. I took many pictures that I will upload when I get better connectivity. The ride through Wyoming was beautiful and free. South Dakota and Wyoming are gorgeous in the fall.

When I got to Lusk, I was instructed to go to the house behind the fast food place and ask for a tenting spot. I was a little apprehensive as I knocked on the door to the dimly lit house. A nice woman came to the door and gave me a great tenting spot (with electricity) for only $10! She said it was supposed to get very cold tonight...

Since both Gage and I got a little cold last night, I busted out more of our cold weather gear. I made a little nest for Gage out of a bunch of my clothes, and then put my winter jacket over him. I put on my down shirt and pants, and I will happily wear them in my sleeping bag.

Also, since I know to stay warm, you need to have a fire in your belly, I at four vegetarian hot dogs (I was just as surprised as you to find them in a Walmart in Spearfish) smothered in Caribbean Jerk sauce. I gave Gage an extra bit of dog food so he could have a fire in his belly too!

I have some dried papaya by my bed for when I wake up in the middle of the night -- seriously, you stay warmer when your body has the energy to produce heat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home