To Cali on Pandora

A man (me), his dog (Gage), their URal (a sidecar motorcycle named Pandora), a bunch of time (6 weeks), a lot of miles (to Cali and back), and a lot of flirting (yes, Gage is a constant flirt).

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Two Guns

Started in: Flagstaff, AZ
Ended in: Albuquerque, NM
Pandora’s Status: Starting to act up.

Pandora is starting to act up:
  • her left side is starting to foul -- she doesn't have her normal power
  • her horn doesn't work
  • her speedometer light is flickering
The good news is: there is a Ural dealer in Albuquerque! I will call them tomorrow.

I spent a good deal of time working on Pandora today: adjusting her values, cleaning her plugs, removing corrosion from some electrical components, and checking her plug wires. She seemed to run a little better after all of the work, yet she was not running as good as she can.

I spent about an hour walking around the deserted route 66 stop "Two Guns". It was eerie and very interesting. I felt a close connection to the past while I was there.

I talked with a bunch of people today. I did not help anyone; I did not see anyone to help.

I realized why it seemed so quiet in the desert -- there were no crickets.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Jay Haase said...

Thanks Vicki!

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home