To Cali on Pandora

A man (me), his dog (Gage), their URal (a sidecar motorcycle named Pandora), a bunch of time (6 weeks), a lot of miles (to Cali and back), and a lot of flirting (yes, Gage is a constant flirt).

Friday, October 14, 2005

Derek

Started in: Albuquerque, NM
Ended in: ?
Pandora’s Status: Purring like a kitten that loves me!

There is only one reason Pandora is running today (and running the best she ever has) -- one extremely helpful person, Derek.

This is what Derek did to help me:
  • Took the ignition module off of his Ural Solo and loaned it it to me
  • Loaned me his extra final drive parts
  • Rebuilt my final drive
  • Brought me to his house for supper
  • Adjusted the lean on Pandora (how much she tilts out from the sidecar)
  • Checked the alignment of Pandora's sidecar wheel
  • Adjusted and balanced both of Pandora's carburetors
  • Tightened all of Pandora's key fasteners
  • Adjusted Pandora's timming
  • Bought me breakfast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home