To Cali on Pandora

A man (me), his dog (Gage), their URal (a sidecar motorcycle named Pandora), a bunch of time (6 weeks), a lot of miles (to Cali and back), and a lot of flirting (yes, Gage is a constant flirt).

Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Last Day!

Started in: Wadena, MN
Ended in: Wadena, MN
Pandora’s Status: Purring like a kitten.

Today is going to be the last day of this trip. I made it to each of my family members' houses (at least once).

Grandpa and I cleaned up Pandora. I didn't realize how much weight was in her -- almost 200 lbs including Gage -- wow!

Tonight I took my Grandma out on a date. We had a great time. We both dressed up. I borrowed some good clothes from my Grandpa. Some how, I think I ended up looking like a pimp :-( When I told Grandma what I thought, she laughed, and then said, "Yes you do."

Making route 66 be my destination (at least for a while) was wonderful. While I was driving on the route, I was not thinking about my endpoint, because I was already where I was trying to be. It was easy to look around and enjoy where I was because I was not thinking about being anyplace else:
When I wasn't worried about where I would end up, it was easier to enjoy where I was.
Here are some final observations:
  • Dead armadillos look freaky.
  • Everyone should get stranded on the side of the road at least once a year.
  • Old motorcycles attract old men, cute dogs attract women.
  • I think everyone should spend at least one night on a beach with a special person.
  • Ridding a motorcycle in the cold, at night, is lonely.

2 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Julie DuRose said...

Oh, there are plenty of women who are attracted by old motorcycles. It says "adventurous type."

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Jay Haase said...

Daureen,

You must keep me informed of your progress! :-)

Jay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home