To Cali on Pandora

A man (me), his dog (Gage), their URal (a sidecar motorcycle named Pandora), a bunch of time (6 weeks), a lot of miles (to Cali and back), and a lot of flirting (yes, Gage is a constant flirt).

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Shifting My Ural

Started in: Wellington, KS
Ended in: Ankeny, IA
Pandora’s Status: Purring like a very dirty kitten.

It has taken me a while to find a grinding free way of shifting Pandora. Thought some of your other Ural'ers might be interested:

  1. Release the throttle (must be before squeezing the clutch)
  2. Squeeze the clutch
  3. Wait one second
  4. Shift
I have found Pandora likes it best when I shift at these speeds:

  • Shift into 2nd at 15 mph
  • Shift into 3rd at 25 mph
  • Shift into 4th at 38 mph

2 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger Julie DuRose said...

Just found your blog, Jay. Cool! We have a Ural Deco Classic, and live in Minneapolis. Here's a picture (from my blog):

http://cleopatraskitten.blogspot.com/2005/06/new-moto.html

My good friend, Lucas, and her husband, Shawn, have a Ural, too.

http://petiteflower.blogspot.com/2005/10/fresh-air-thats-ticket.html

Happy Trails to you!!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Jay Haase said...

Sweet bike Julie! I love the classic!

Safe ridding,
Jay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home