To Cali on Pandora

A man (me), his dog (Gage), their URal (a sidecar motorcycle named Pandora), a bunch of time (6 weeks), a lot of miles (to Cali and back), and a lot of flirting (yes, Gage is a constant flirt).

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Shuffle Dance

Started in: Roswell, NM
Ended in: Hereford, TX (beef capital of the world)
Pandora’s Status: Purring like a kitten.

(The towns near Hereford are Bovine and Clovis...)

I spent a little of town ridding in light rain. It wasn't as bad as it sounds. The rain gear I wear is pretty effective, so all-in-all the rain does not impact me that much.

I am happy because I finally found some full synthetic 20-50 oil for Pandora in Clovis!

Roswell is kinda neat, and I did stop at an Alien museum for a few minutes. I spent my time in their gift shop -- that had some cool alien-type stuff. They even gave Gage a few alien toy (they let Gage come in when they saw him looking sad out in the rain).

When I arrived in Hereford, I noticed a wedding party hanging around one of the bars. After I was all setup for the night, I went to that bar. They let me in, and I was able to be a minor participant in a Mexican style wedding dance (I just watched).

At one point, the highlight of the night, the music from the live band became very fast. The bride was out in the middle of the dance floor with the best men in a circle around her. When the fast music started the men began to dance around the bride in a strange feet shuffling, hip swaying, shoulder swaggering type of dance. Thee bride stood in the middle turning slowly around swaying her hips in conjunction with the hip swaying of the men.

Each man took his turn of breaking from the circle and slowly moving towards the bride. Once they connected, they danced for a little while before then the man shuffled back out to the ring. It was wonderful and loud and full of cheering and whistling. I couldn't help but smile the whole time.

I have found Texas to be a very friendly state.

I slept wonderfully last night, and I am in very good spirits today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home